This project is read-only.

Enhancement for Shuriken

Sep 29, 2008 at 10:26 PM

I have been using Shuriken for a while and I have a suggestion which will improve Shuriken in my opinion.

1. Remember the letters used before a program was chosen. Like I wanted to launch MS Outlook, so I typed "OUT" and the result was loads of things I didn't want, but I scrolled down and selected the correct program. Shriken should remember this and next time I type "OUT", MS Outlooks should be listed first. In essence it prioritise choices you previously made.

Coordinator
Nov 25, 2008 at 8:00 AM
This discussion has been copied to a work item. Click here to go to the work item and continue the discussion.
Coordinator
Nov 25, 2008 at 8:02 AM
Thanks for the recommendation, I created a now workitem and will implement this as quick as I can :)
Coordinator
Dec 9, 2008 at 9:44 AM
The fature is added to R5 and it is released now. Please, try it and let me know if it works ok or it has any problems.
Dec 9, 2008 at 2:03 PM
Excellent. I will check out the functionality.
Jan 29, 2009 at 10:00 PM
It is working much better now. If you can get the look a bit more polished, it will start to get close to Launchy.
Coordinator
Jan 30, 2009 at 12:17 PM
I am very happy that you like it and thanks for the feedback. I am planning to add a new UI based on WPF as soon as I can. I will keep you posted.